The following information refers to appointment attendance guidelines. For a current information regarding the lifting of lockdown restrictions please read this update.
Covid-19 has touched every business and we are all getting pretty good at adapting to new rules as they are announced. In the salon we will be on hand to guide you through your appointment and you can check our FAQ section of the website for individual answers to common questions before you arrive.
As appointment are now fully open to the all clients we are able to accept ‘recommend a friend’ and new clients again.
We are a small team and really appreciate your patience while we work towards resuming our normal service. Please note, while we establish the diary only 1 salon visit can be booked at a time. When at your appointment you will be given the opportunity to book your next appointment.
- Clients must not attend an appointment if they or a member of their household/support bubble are unwell, exhibiting Coronavirus symptoms (high temperature, new or persistent cough, any loss of smell or taste), are awaiting results of a coronavirus test, or have been asked to isolate by NHS Test and Trace. We will reschedule your appointment and you will not be charged a cancellation fee.
- Appointment times will be staggered to avoid multiple people arriving together. Therefore it is important you arrive only at your appointment time. Clients arriving early may be asked to wait outside. Clients arriving late may forfeit an appointment and incur cancellation fees.
- All clients must bring a face covering/mask as it will be required throughout your salon visit in accordance with guidance from government. We will have disposable masks for purchase, but these are only available while we can get stock and clients failing to bring a mask may be refused service.
- We ask clients to not bring friends or family members to an appointment with them as we would be unable to maintain social distancing guidelines.
- Clients can cancel at any time up to 48 hours before an appointment. This must be by phone only and a message left with a salon member or on the answering machine.
- Clients will be charged a cancellation fee of 50% of the appointment value for failing to turn up to appointments which usually take more than 1 hour to complete. For example, a colour and a cut usually takes 2 hours or more.
Every service is different but there are some general precautions that apply to all visits.
- You must wear a face covering for your whole visit so make sure you apply it prior to entering the salon unless you have a medical exemption.
- On arrival we will take any outdoor clothes as usual, and show you to your seat. There will be no waiting area so if you arrive early you may be asked to wait outside or in you car.
- We will then ask you to use the hand sanitiser provided.
- Once seated, we will place a gown around you as normal and commence our consultation.
- When we move to the shampoo bowl, face coverings must remain in place while you lie back in our massage chairs for shampooing. This is because your stylist will be working above you and the mask will provide some additional protection.
- You may be asked to remove the straps of your face covering at times to enable us to carry out our work fully. But rest assured we will have taken every precaution to ensure your safety.
- We are not able to offer magazines and would encourage you to bring your own reading material. We are able to serve drinks during colour processing time while your stylist is no longer working with you. Food is not permitted under current guidance.
- Once your service is complete we will take payment (preferably contactless), and organise your next appointment while you are still in your seat. This reduces the risk of people meeting at reception or clients arriving or leaving at the same time.
- Any products you wish to take home will be bagged up by your stylist. We cannot permit any handling of products in the retail area.
Our hygiene remains at the highest standards and all tools, surfaces and touch points will be cleaned and disinfected. All PPE will be deposed of between each client so expect to see this happening during your visit.
First Salon visit after Home colouring
It is completely understandable that clients will have needed to resort to home colouring products over this length of time. But it is key to the success of any salon colour that you be open about all the products you have used. Clients who have been using a home hair colour must inform the stylist prior to the appointment and must complete a skin test before a salon colouring service. Skin tests can be posted out to avoid unnecessary contact. We will be unable to perform any colouring service for any client who does not disclose this information.
Applying salon hair colour after the use of home colours may involve additional steps and require a longer appointment and incur additional costs.
Some services will be temporarily removed from our menu. These services either take extensive time to complete or require multiple attendees to the salon. These services are:
- Children’s Haircuts (as children must be accompanied)
- Drop-in Fringe Trims (as these are not able to be booked into an appointment time slot)
- Hair Extensions (as these services take on average 4 hours)
- Kerasilk Smoothing Treatment (as this service takes on average over 3 hours)
- Dry Cuts (These are not part of our usual service menu but the lack of a shampoo stage means we are unable to cleanse the hair prior to performing a service)
We will have to suspend our current loyalty cards for Blow Dry clients and Gents Cuts. But they will be back in the future so please hold on to your cards.
Some price changes will be required to cover additional PPE, intensive cleaning, safety measures and extra time allocated to appointments.
Please refer to Services page for all current prices.
We would prefer all payments to be contactless and would ask clients to use contactless cards or smart phones.
We appreciate this is a lot of information. We are grateful for your patience and understanding as we work to reboot the salon.
Aidan & Sam